Google renamed “Google My Business” to “Google Business Profile”. The Google My Business app will mostly retire in the coming years. Although this announcement isn’t new, you still need to know about the changes. Your Google Business Profile (GBP) is important to your digital marketing success.
Benefits of the update include:
- To get to your profile, you can search your business name on Google, go to Google Maps app, or search for ‘my business’ on Google Search.
- You can complete the verification, resolve any issues with your profile, and edit your details easily including address, store hours, photos, and more.
- Merchants can complete their account setup directly on Google Search and Google Maps.
- You can see whether your profile is visible to the public. If not, the necessary steps will be included.
- Google Search and Google Maps have additional tools to help you better manage your business profile.
- The changes in-line with this update will be evident on Google’s Help Center, Community & Support channels.
- The GMB website is now “Business Profile Manager” and supports larger businesses having multiple profiles.
- Google expects smaller businesses to manage their profiles on Search & Maps.
- Google has shared some new ways to help you connect with your customers easily and increase your business.
After reading the above brief related to the update, we recommend you keep a track of the emails & videos from Google or follow Google Business Profile on Twitter so that you can get the best out of your business profile.